Re: [AMBER] Collecting representative snapshots from AMBER MD trajcetory:

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 09:51:39 -0600

On Mon, Apr 01, 2024, Kankana Bhattacharjee via AMBER wrote:

>I performed the MD simulation of a protein-ligand complex, now I would like
>to visualize the MD trajectory to understand the ligand binding pose etc. I
>want to collect representative snapshots from the MD trajectory.
>How can I achieve this job using cpptraj tool ? Kindly help me with this.

To add to Carlos' suggestion of clustering: it depends on what you mean by
"representative". For visualizing the trajectory, you may just need to (a) do
nothing; or (b) look at the arguments to "trajout" to, say, select every
n-th snapshot.

I'd definitely recommend doing this visualization first, then proceed to
clustering.

....dac