Re: [AMBER] Is it possible to model a protein with a linker covalently attached at a cysteine? Mysterious "invisible" torsion parameters?

From: Dr. Anselm Horn via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 09:26:10 +0100

Sasha,

thanks for the update, and yes, you're right that all parameter
information is available.

However, your input might contain a formatting error in your two lines
for the torsion with the central atoms C*-S:
Since the atom types contain two characters like 'CT' or 'C*', a space
character is used and required in cases where the atom type name is just
a single character like 'S ' or 'C '.

From the documentation
(https://ambermd.org/FileFormats.php#frcmod) it can be deduced that leap
expects the format of a torsion to follow a strict format, i.e. four
two-character strings separated by a single position.

Hopefully, inserting two spaces at the correct positions will make your
frcmod file valid. Please try

2C-S-C*-C* -> 2C-S -C*-C*
2C-S-C*-C -> 2C-S -C*-C

(When you successfully created a valid parameter file, please do not
forget to run some validation calculations to test the parameter set and
maybe update/change it. I mention that explicetly, because the process
of creating a technically valid is often that cumbersome that one might
easily want to forget the second step and run simulations, finally.)

Best,

Anselm

Bioinformatik | NHR.FAU
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
Germany