[AMBER] Converting ff19SB data files for usage with GROMACS

From: Vedran Miletic via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 13:53:13 +0100

Hello,

I am a GROMACS contributor and a part of a collaboration at Max Planck
that is working on bringing per amino acid CMAP and ff19SB force field
to GROMACS. We would like to offer GROMACS users some newer force fields
than ff99SB(-ILDN) and ff03SB that we currently ship.

I am aware of the academic licensing of Amber and GPL licensing of
AmberTools. I am not sure whether this license also applies to data such
as force field parameters, since they are published with
doi:10.1021/acs.jctc.9b00591.

Therefore, my question is: would it be OK with the Amber project that we
convert the force field data files in AmberTools for usage with GROMACS
and ship the converted version as part of a future GROMACS release, just
like we do for ff99/03?

Thanks in advance for any response.

With best regards,
Vedran Miletic