[AMBER] issue performing heating of protein in implicit solvent

From: Ildar Garipov via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 05:38:50 +0000

Hello everyone.
I try to run an implicit solvent simulation of protein with ligands. I've followed this tutorial (https://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial15/index.php) to set up the equilibration part of the simulation, so all input files are from there. The heating finishes without any error, but I cannot watch the system after this step by using vmd and .rst7 or .nc. So, I conclude that the output of the heating was corrupted.

The next equilibration step fails with the reading of heat.rst7 file with error:

|--------------------------------------------------------

| ERROR: I could not understand line 3

*s in the inpcrd file often indicate an overflow of the Fortran format used
to store coordinates in the inpcrd/restart files. This often happens when
particles diffuse very far away from each other. Make sure you are removing
center-of-mass translation (nscm /= 0) or check if you have multiple, mobile
molecules that have diffused very far away from each other. This condition is
highly unusual for non-periodic simulations.

The first 20 lines of heat.rst7:
default_name
19448 0.1000000E+04
************************************3069.2897260************************

heat.in content:
heating with backbone restraints
 &cntrl
   ntx = 1,
   ntwx = 5000,
   ntwe = 0,
   ntwr = 500,
   ntpr = 5000,
   ioutfm=0,
   ntxo=1,
   imin = 0,
   nstlim = 500000,
   dt = 0.002,
   ntt = 3,
   gamma_ln=1.,
   temp0 = 100.0,
   nscm = 1000,
   ig = -1,
   ntc= 2,
   ntf = 2,
   cut = 1000,
   igb=8,
   gbsa=3,
   surften=0.007,
   ntb = 0,
   saltcon=0.15,
   ntr=1,
   restraintmask=".CA,N,C,O | :ADP,MG",
   restraint_wt=10.0,
   nmropt=1,
 &end
 &wt
   TYPE="TEMP0", istep1=0, istep2=500000,
   value1=100., value2=300.,
 &end
 &wt
   TYPE="END",
 &end

nscm is set to 1000, ligands are restrained. Also, I cannot watch the trajectory, so I am completely stuck on this issue.
I've tried to run the protein with other ligands and apo form, but they all fail with the same error (| ERROR: I could not understand line 3).

I would appreciate any help and advice. I apply the heating output and input files.

Thanks in advance,
Ildar

This e-mail and any attachments are only for the use of the intended recipient and may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or protected by the Official Secrets Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it or notify the sender immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose or disclose the contents to any other person.