Re: [AMBER] Residues Naming Advice

From: He, Amy via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 04:06:43 +0000

Hi Kaleem,

Residue CYM has a total charge of -1, whereas CYX has a total charge of 0. Even though they appear to have the same number of atoms, CYX is meant to be a disulfide-bond forming residue not just being deprotonated.
If you’re unsure check out the definition in: $AMBERHOME/dat/leap/lib/amino19.lib

Hope this helps

Bests,

--
Amy He