Re: [AMBER] AMBER 20 installation error on Rockey Linux 8

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 09:10:53 -0700

On Tue, Feb 06, 2024, Michael Shokhen via AMBER wrote:

>For several years, AMBER20 worked perfectly under RedHat Linux on my server
>located in the university computer center.
>Recently RedHat was changed to Rockey Linux 8 on my server.
CMake Error at cmake/PythonBuildConfig.cmake:129 (message):
   Failed to determine relative PYTHONPATH: python command failed with error
   Traceback (most recent call last):

     File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

   KeyError: 'unix_prefix'

A Google search on "amber KeyError unix_prefix" leads directly here:

     http://archive.ambermd.org/202212/0057.html

This post shows how to work around the problem, which is fixed in more
recent version of Amber. We are unable to backport most bugfixes to earlier
releases of the code. So it's a good argument to consider updating to
Amber22, which now has no license fee for non-commercial use.

....dac