Re: [AMBER] Generating tleap input files for an organomtallic complex

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 14:34:03 -0700

On Wed, Jan 31, 2024, MADHUSMITA DEVI via AMBER wrote:

>I am attempting to generate the parameter files for a copper-containing
>organometallic complex. Using the MCPB.py program, the .frcmod, topology
>(prmtop) and coordinate (inpcrd) files of both the dry and solvated complex
>are obtained. However, I would like to know if the .prepc file of the
>complex can be constructed from the above files, to load the same to tleap
>while preparing systems of the said complex with other molecules. Any help
>is much appreciated.

ParmEd can do this for you: use the "parm" and "loadCoordinates" actions to
read in your prmtop and inpcrd files. Then use "writeCoordinates" to save
as a mol2 file, and "writeFrcmod" to save the parameters. You can later
load the mol2 and frcmod files into tleap.

ParmEd won't make a .prepc file, but you don't need that: mol2 (or off,
created via "writeOFF") have equivlant information.

...hope this helps....dac