[AMBER] Increased Compactness of Protein-Protein Complex in NVT to NPT Ensemble

From: zhangxiaochun via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 15:46:47 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Dear AMBER Community,

I am currently conducting simulations of a protein-protein complex, employing restraints during the heating phase. However, I have observed that the protein-protein complex becomes more tightly packed upon transitioning from NVT to NPT.

Unfortunately, I am facing challenges in implementing the solutions provided in the mailing list.

I have two specific questions for the community. Firstly, without additional intervention, would such a simulation be considered flawed? Secondly, are there more elegant methods to ensure correct scaling, perhaps through adjustable parameters?

I have attached the parameter files (heat1 and heat2) and a structural comparison of the proteins for your reference. Any guidance or insights you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards,

Xiaochun Zhang