[AMBER] Atom Index in the BONDS_INC_HYDROGEN Section of Topology

From: Ge Song via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 04:20:42 +0000

Dear Amber Community,

In the BONDS_INC_HYDROGEN section of the topology file, each bond is identified by by 3 integers¡ªthe two atoms involved in the bond and the index into the BOND_FORCE_CONSTANT and BOND_EQUIL_VALUE.
My question is how is these integers for atoms assigned. I have a system of 1822 atoms, but the integers for identifying atoms in this section can go to 5400+, so apparently, they are not simply assigned according to the order of atoms. However, I could not figure out where is the mapping of those integers to the atoms. I wonder if somebody could kindly give me some explanation.

Sincerely,
Ge Song