Re: [AMBER] GPU bug for replica MD with pmemd.cuda.MPI

From: Zhenquan Hu via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 01:59:26 +0800

Dear Adrian,
I also tried to run 8 jobs with 8 cards on a single node, GPU0 took 8 jobs
as well (1 for computing, 7 for GPU-GPU communication) while the other GPU
cards run one single job. The parallel job could be finished with no error,
and the results looks good.
Because I want to do path optimization using the PNEB method as you
published before (https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jctc.9b00329),
normally the path needs quite a lot of adjacent frames for state overlap,
and multi-node parallelization by pmemd.cuda.MPI hardly work for our
computing resources, so I used to run such kind of calculation on a single
8 GPU node and it works, although the speed is not that fast, but anyway
affordable.
I just wonder if the system/frames gets bigger, GPU0 would get out of
memory. If CPU core can communicate directly with GPUs but not via GPU0,
then the PNEB method could overcome this limitation. Or maybe because just
our current machines have bugs.

Best,
Zhenquan

Adrian Roitberg via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org> 于2024年1月17日周三 22:33写道: