Re: [AMBER] pbsa error: PB Bomb in pb_aaradi(): No radius assigned for atom

From: James Kress via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 00:47:09 -0500

How about using OPC3?

Jim Kress

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Luo via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Sent: Friday, January 5, 2024 11:52 PM
To: Yang, Li-Yen <zoeyxyang.gatech.edu>; AMBER Mailing List <amber.ambermd.org>
Subject: Re: [AMBER] pbsa error: PB Bomb in pb_aaradi(): No radius assigned for atom

Zoey,

Looks like you are invoking the default option of radiopt =1, which asks the program to set radii inside the code, but it can't find anything for the EP type (extra point, usually used for lone pairs on an atom). This is because pbsa wasn't designed to handle force fields with EP types, though we are working on extending pbsa for polarizable force fields with EP types.

In general, you'll need to be careful with the continuum solvent models and force fields with EP types as these are not yet well studied.

If you want to give it a try, you'll need to set radiopt = 0 so it can use radii in the prmtop file. Of course you'll need to make sure the radii for EP types are set in tleap.

All the best,
Ray
--
Ray Luo, Ph.D.
Professor of Structural Biology/Biochemistry/Biophysics, Chemical and Materials Physics, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, and Materials Science and Engineering Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry University of California, Irvine, CA 92697-3900