Re: [AMBER] tleap and bridged cyclobutyl groups

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 11:07:18 -0700

On Fri, Dec 22, 2023, Bennion, Brian wrote:

>We are parameterizing thousand small molecules for projects and every once
>and awhile come across a bridged cyclcobutyl group in this compounds.
>We use antechamber to operate on mol2 files as found in this code https://github.com/XiaohuaZhangLLNL/conveyorlc
>
>Unfortunately I can't share the exact compound but a snippet of leap.out is
>given below. I believe this is due to conversion issues within antechamber
>as the structure that comes out contains dummy atoms

I don't know where the dummy atoms are coming from. Can you make a simple
example of a bridged cyclobutyl compound whose PDB or mol2 file you would be
able to share? (Even before doing that, try running antechamber with a PDB
file as input, rather than a mol2 file, if indeed you were using a mol2 file
for input.)

Without some way to run an example ourselves, just having the leap.log file
doesn't allow us to help very much.

....dac