[AMBER] Best practices for comparing parameters?

From: Matthew Guberman-Pfeffer via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 13:54:31 -0500

Dear Amber Community,

I want to compare different sets of parameters for a cofactor to tell if they are equivalent or if one should be preferred. I can run one simulation with each set of parameters and compare the RMSDs, but would that be statistically meaningful? Is there a better approach for assessing the quality of forcefield parameters? Here I specifically have in mind comparing two different sets of charge distributions depending on, for example, the number or type of conformers included in RESP-fitting.

I’d greatly appreciate your advice!

Best,
Matthew