Re: [AMBER] Inquiry Regarding MMPBSA.py SASA Calculation Method

From: Ray Luo via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2023 11:16:37 -0800

Kai-Fang,

The SASA in PBSA was based on a numerical Solvent Accessible Surface
Area procedure. Please refer to the following reference:

Reducing Grid Dependence in Finite-Difference Poisson–Boltzmann
Calculations, J. Chem. Theory Comput. 2012, 8, 8, 2741–2751,
https://doi.org/10.1021/ct300341d

All the best,
Ray
--
Ray Luo, Ph.D.
Professor of Structural Biology/Biochemistry/Biophysics,