[AMBER] Fwd: antechamber error-- QMMM: System specified with odd number of electrons

From: Todd Minehardt via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 17:01:43 -0600

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Todd Minehardt <todd.minehardt.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Dec 1, 2023 at 4:45 PM
Subject: Re: [AMBER] antechamber error-- QMMM: System specified with odd
number of electrons
To: Yang, Li-Yen <zoeyxyang.gatech.edu>

Zoey,

I used Chimerax and the Tools -> Structure Editing -> Add Hydrogens option,
which added the one missing hydrogen to O9 automagically. You can certainly
do so with other tools such as pymol (but I recommend Chimerax, for what
that's worth).

I've attached the PDB generated by that - I do encourage you to go through
the exercise yourself, it is a necessary thing to know how to do - and have
run:

antechamber -i ligand_with_added_h.pdb -fi pdb -o ligand_with_added_h.mol2
-fo mol2 -c bcc -nc 0 -j 5

which is presently churning away and shows total # of electrons as 410.

Cheers,

Todd