Re: [AMBER] Problem preparing structures

From: Dr. Anselm Horn via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 11:50:07 +0200

Veronica,

although I'm no expert in RNA simulations, I'm not sure whether your
parameterization ansatz was successfull: Parameterization approaches
normally comprise only that units of a systems, for which no parameters
are available; but a ligand charge of -684 suggests that your "unit" is
much too large.

Maybe you could cut your system in smaller pieces, re-use existing force
field parameters for known units and parameterize only unknown units.

Thus, the problem may not be the charge difference between your ligands
but the parameterization ansatz (with the resulting parameters and
atomic charges).

Since you provided no further details about your system, your
parameterization, and your simulation, it's hard give additional pieces
of advice (perhaps I misunderstood your question?), but maybe some
experts can chime in here.

Best,

Anselm

Bioinformatik | NHR.FAU
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
Germany