Re: [AMBER] Amber22 DDBoost Install Error

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 12:39:17 -0600

On Mon, Sep 25, 2023, Hantz, Eric via AMBER wrote:

>I recently built Amber22 and AmberTools23 on a cluster using Rocky8
>OS. Now, I would like to install the packages available from in DDBoost,
>but I am having difficulties getting fe-toolkit to properly install. When
>running Install.sh, I receive errors:
>
>      ERROR: ndfes 1.8 requires joblib, which is not installed.
>      ERROR: ndfes 1.8 requires scipy, which is not installed.

I'm not the expert here, but I think(!) DDBoost is no longer needed:
AmberTools23 contains ndfes and edgembar (components of fe-toolkit) already.
Instructions for use are here:
    https://rutgerslbsr.gitlab.io/fe-toolkit/
(I don't see that the instructions ever made it into the Amber23 Reference
Manual...)

Can you say what site you are looking at the refers to DDBoost, providing
the installation instructions you are using? I suspect that it is now out
of date.

I hope the free energy folks will chime in here if I am wrong!

...thanks...dac