Re: [AMBER] Maestro PDB to Amber PDB

From: He, Amy via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 22:19:17 +0000

Hi,

We have also been using pdb4amber to rename residues (mainly the cysteine residues that form disulfide bonds, and the 2 neutral tautomers of histidine residues). Please search pdb4amber in the Amber manual, or take a look at: https://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial9/index.php

Additionally, the naming of some hydrogens in residues at termini may not be recognized by some protein force fields in Amber. We have encountered similar problem with the capping units NME and ACE. If you’re ok with some minor changes in the positions of these hydrogens, you could remove the mismatched hydrogens and let Leap rebuild the hydrogens based on the force field you choose.

Bests,

--
Amy He
Chemistry Graduate Teaching Assistant