[AMBER] Chirality flipped for 2 identical molecules

From: Todd Minehardt via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 20:41:09 +0000

I am constructing prepi and frcmod files from a PubChem 3D sdf file for a positively-charged (+1) S enantiomer. I do this by running antechamber and parmchk2:

antechamber -fi sdf -i compound.sdf -fo prepi -o compound.prepi -nc 1 -seq y -j 5 -rn LIG -c bcc

parmchk2 -f prepi -i compound.prepi -o compound.frcmod

I have a nice clean PDB structure in which there are two occurences of the heavy atoms of LIG.

When I run this through tLEaP, one LIG is S and the other is R (after using ambpdb for generating PDB from saved .prmtop and .crd files).

Is there an explanation for this behavior, as it is repeatable; and I'm not doing anything at all to the compound.sdf file and only removed unwanted waters and the like from the PDB file from RCSB.

Thank you,

Todd Minehardt