[AMBER] Question regarding PBC simulations with ions

From: Prithviraj Nandigrami via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 15:57:37 -0400

Dear AMBER Users and Experts,

I wanted to have your general guidance regarding setting up explicit
solvent simulations with ions under Periodic Boundary Conditions (PBC). Of
course, I can add neutralizing ions to make the net system charge zero,
which will have (say) K+ and Cl- ions added to the system at a certain
concentration.

On top of this, if I want to add ions at a certain concentration (say, Cl-)
to the system, is there any issue that I need to be aware of since PBC is
already implemented?

I would appreciate any help/guidance regarding this.

Best regards,

PN