[AMBER] Simulation error when using pmemd.cuda

From: Loftus, Alec via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 18:57:20 +0000

Hi AMBER community,

I am using amber18 to run simulations on a protein and when I attempt to use pmemd.cuda for equilibration I run into the following error:

Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference.

Backtrace for this error:

#0 0x2AAAB75FF697

#1 0x2AAAB75FFCDE

#2 0x2AAAB841C3AF

#3 0x56F960 in gti_lj1264_nb_setup_

#4 0x47F419 in __extra_pnts_nb14_mod_MOD_nb14_setup

#5 0x4E2286 in __pme_alltasks_setup_mod_MOD_pme_alltasks_setup

#6 0x4C2CE4 in MAIN__ at pmemd.F90:?

I have successfully run equilibration using both sander and sander.MPI, so I’m unsure why pmemd.cuda is having problems.

Here is a link to a folder that contains the input files for the command (in their normal forms and then also just as plain text files): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/127hqpyQ5U0FhV6RdlZsn9HlKVQzxP1pj?usp=share_link

Any information about how to make it run properly or what might be causing this error is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Alec Loftus

Graduate student

Loyola University Chicago