Re: [AMBER] LEaP scripting

From: Dr. Anselm Horn via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 12:49:12 +0200

Dear Vsevolod,

since you intend to create a new residue, you have to ensure that it has
the correct atom types for the new topology, adapted (newly generated)
atomic charges, and all necessary parameters, which arise from the atom
types and the topology.

Since you obviously want to apply parm19SB, I have no solution for you
out of the box. For parm14SB and parm99SB I had a parameter set ready to
use, which I could share with you (and which still awaits its due
publication, alas ...)

Concerning the order of reading in parameters:
As a rule of thumb, read in any modified parameters after the respective
general parameters have been read in, because the special parameters
normally build on the general ones; and solvent parameters normally go last.

Maybe this helps.

Best,

Anselm

Bioinformatik | NHR.FAU
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
Germany