Re: [AMBER] questions about AmberTools installation from source

From: Stephan Schott via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 13:13:51 +0200

Hi again Joao,

The 22/23 version number has to do with the fact that Amber as a whole has
a new version released every 2 years, while AmberTools is released yearly.
Because of that, you will find many 22 pointers throughout the code. That
said, many codes that were updated for AmberTools23 might have forgotten to
change the release date, but overall the last AmberTools is still tailored
for Amber22.

I am not sure about the pytraj errors you are seeing, but they *might* be
related to a recent patch that was passed to update pytaj and make it
python 3.11 / Cython compatible. Did you apply the last pytraj patch? You
should have the update.3 file under ".patches/AmberTools23_Applied_Patches"
if that is the case.

P.S., if the trigger was the packmol-memgen numpy floats, the patch is
still not there; you don't need to recompile, if you changed the calls as I
mentioned before.

Best regards,

Stephan Schott Verdugo
Biochemist

Computational Biophysical Chemistry
Institut für Bio- und Geowissenschaften / Bioinformatik (IBG-4)
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
Wilhelm-Johnen-Straße, 52425 Jülich
Germany

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Volker Rieke
Karsten Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Ir. Pieter Jansens,
Prof. Dr. Astrid Lambrecht, Prof. Dr. Frauke Melchior