Re: [AMBER] Self Inconsistency within antechamber for NAD and NAP cofactors (expects different bond orders in different routines)

From: Christopher Corbo via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 23:23:38 -0400

Hi Dr. Case,

Thank you for the speedy reply.

  antechamber -fi mol2 -fo mol2 -c bcc -j 1 -at sybyl -s 2 -pf y -i
${system}.cof.processed.mol2 -o ${system}.cof.am1bcc.mol2

Is the command run to generate bcc charges. I realize the -j flag set to 1
is pointless as it ultimately gets overridden for bcc calculations. This is
the step changing the bond order of the nicotinamide ring for bonds
(N6-C21) and (N6-C16). (Sorry, the files I am attaching end up with
different atom names than those in the original email I sent).

   antechamber -i ../001.lig-prep/${system}.cof.am1bcc.mol2 -fi mol2 -o
${system}.cof.ante.prep -fo prepi

Is the command which throws a Fatal error for the reassigned bond types.
(Open valence on C16). However if I use the bond orders which are present
in ${system}.cof.processed.mol2 the step runs successfully.

I am including an example for each of the cofactors, although the issue is
essentially the same for both.

Thank you again for the help, it is appreciated!

--
Christopher Corbo
Ph.D. Student