Re: [AMBER] closest command cpptraj

From: Daniel Roe via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 13:31:11 -0400

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 1, 2023 at 2:38 AM Maria Bzówka via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org> wrote:

> First of all, in the created .crd and .prmtop files we have the protein,
> 1Na, 3Ca, only 2Cl molecules (so the numbering for the small molecules has
> changed and three Cl ions were somehow excluded - we don't know why) and
> later the closest water molecules.

By default, 'closest' should be keeping the N closest solvent
molecules and anything else not solvent. It shouldn't be removing
anything else. I would need to see your complete cpptraj output or
have access to your topology and a single coordinate frame before I
could try to figure out why this apparently isn't happening for you.
One thing you can try is to explicitly select the solvent using the
'solventmask' keyword.

> In the example below we can see that a water molecule with an index 67 was
> found in the first frame - how to get its real index? Should we add the

Not sure what you mean here by it's "real" index. The [Mol] column has
molecule numbers (starting from 1), and the [FirstAtm] keyword has the
number of the first atom in the molecule (again starting from 1); you
can use cpptraj to get more details on that water using the 'atoms'
command, e.g.

parm FS.prmtop
atoms ^67

Hope this helps,