Re: [AMBER] 1-4 scaling in GLYCAM

From: Richard Kullmann via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 14:20:03 +0200

Dear Dave,

I am sorry for the confusion. Yes, I am saying that it seems to me that
the scnb values don't matter. I calculated for each carbohydrate atom
type combination the ratio of the old 1-4 epsilon (o) and new 1-4
epsilon (n) parameters. Then I modified the GLYCAM06j.dat and
GLYCAM06EPb.dat files by searching for these pairs and substituting
SCNB=1.0 for the calculated ratios SCNB=o/n. Later, I carried out the
test with values of SCNB=n/o. A couple example lines are shown below.
"correct" scaling:
H2-Cg-Cg-Cg 6 0.90 0.00 3. SCEE=1.0
SCNB=.939774 2-Dimethylbutanol Hs=0 charge KNK
Ho-Oh-Cg-H1 1 0.18 0.00 3. SCEE=1.0
SCNB=1.938487 Methanol Hs=0 charge KNK
"inverse" scaling:
H2-Cg-Cg-Cg 6 0.90 0.00 3. SCEE=1.0
SCNB=1.064085 2-Dimethylbutanol Hs=0 charge KNK
Ho-Oh-Cg-H1 1 0.18 0.00 3. SCEE=1.0
SCNB=.515866 Methanol Hs=0 charge KNK

As said before, both of these parameters give similar results.

Thank you again and best regards,

Richard