Re: [AMBER] How to convert amber trajectory to .tpr file in gromacs format

From: Daniel Roe via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 11:57:15 -0400

Hi,

Unfortunately cpptraj only supports conversion of trajectory file
formats (like TRR or XTC for gromacs), and the TPR file is really a
run input file that contains topology, coordinates, and run
parameters. Probably your best bet is to extract a single frame with
cpptraj to create a PDB, e.g.

parm myparm.parm7
trajin mytraj.nc 1 1
# Use PDBv3 to make sure we write PDB V3 format
trajout mypdb.pdb pdbv3

or use the original PDB you used with leap, and generate a tpr file
with gromacs tools (pdb2gmx and grompp), something like:

gmx pdb2gmx -ff <force field> -f mypdb.pdb -o mypdb.gro -ignh -p mypdb.top
gmx grompp -f myparams.mdp -c mypdb.gro -p mypdb.top -o mypdb.tpr -maxwarn 2

Hope this helps,

-Dan