Re: [AMBER] Thermodynamic Integration DV/DL output

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 08:26:48 -0400

On Sat, Mar 25, 2023, Songyan Xia (LHS, 118010341) wrote:

>Thanks for your kindly response to my question, but I still get a little
>bit confused that since TI region1 & TI region2 in output represent for
>system before & after certain perturbation (here TI region1 represents for
>system with ligand exist while region2 for ligand vanished system), then we
>should expect that the DV/DL values for these two systems should be differ
>from each other?

Think about the simple linear mixing case, where dV/dl = V(lambda=1) -
V(lambda=0). The dV/dl result is *not* reporting on "two" systems, but is
reporting on the difference between the two end states. There is a single,
common, value being reported by the two groups that are otherwise
concentrating the two end states.

....hope this helps....dac