Re: [AMBER] [Sender Not Verified] Re: Issues with simulating 5'-phosphorylated RNA strands

From: Harvey Dale via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 14:57:12 +0000

Dear David and Thomas,

Thanks very much for the advice. As both of you have described, setting a small vdW radius (0.3) and epsilon (0.05) for the phosphate hydrogen appears to have resolved the problems with the instabilities I was observing; I must confess I have not yet tried stiffening the P-O-H angle, but suspect this too will yield the same result.

Will certainly look to validate this approach as I run more simulations down the line.

Thanks again,

Harvey

Dr Harvey J. A. Dale

Research Fellow
Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851

John Henry Coates Research Fellow
Emmanuel College | Cambridge | CB2 3AP | hd487.cam.ac.uk

Postdoctoral Researcher
MRC Lab of Molecular Biology | Cambridge | CB2 0QH