[AMBER] Wrong distance calculation with cpptraj

From: Azurmendi, Hugo via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 15:12:51 +0000

I’m getting a puzzling result with cpptraj. I run an MD on a long polysaccharide, I then run a cpptraj script to load the parm file and trajectory (I run in octahedral cell with water but save only the PS), calculate the distance between the extremes (distance r2to60 :2 :60 out r.dat) and save the selected frames as pdb in the same process. Next, I load the pdb trajectory and calculate the same distance (as L1), the result is different (but correct). The latter calculation is the correct one, I can load the trajectory as PDB or .nc in Pymol and confirm the result.
I run out of ideas what I could do different, please, advise.

First lines of distances:
#Frame L1 #Frame r2to60
       1 81.0188 1 41.0548
       2 81.5262 2 40.7852