[AMBER] Running QM/MM in parallel; multi-sander

From: Vilhelm Ekberg via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 13:54:38 +0000

Dear Amber,

My name is Vilhelm Ekberg and I am a PhD Student of Computional Chemistry.

I am interested in running QM/MM in parallel on a cluster with 64 available cores per node. I will be using multi-sander (Amber22) with 2 groups, Some benchmarks QM/MM runs on my system with the parameters:

#SBATCH --nodes 1
#SBATCH --cpus-per-task 1
#SBATCH --ntasks 2

took roughly 4.5 days to complete. I am wondering how I should set the SBATCH parameters in order to optimize the parallelization? I guess one relevant question also is how much the job can be sped up with parallelization?

I am thankful for any input; please let me know if you need more information.

Best regards,

Vilhelm