Re: [AMBER] Terminal phosphates with RNA

From: Piia Bartos via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 18:46:38 +0000

Dear Prof Case,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have visualized the trajectories, and the issue is that the oxygens start to stretch away from the phosphate, and the phosphate also moves away from the rest of the RNA. This is usually visible on the last frame I can visualize in VMD without VMD crashing.

The protein is most likely not affecting the issue, as this is clearer at the 5' end that is not bound to the protein but is facing the solvent (there are 2 RNA chains). I will check tomorrow with just the RNA chains.

Cheers,
Piia

--
Piia Bartoš, Ph.D. (Pharmacy)