Re: [AMBER] Suspicious pKas from CpHMD

From: Vinicius Wilian Cruzeiro via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 05:57:50 +0000

Hello Matthew,

You should take a look at the fractions of protonated species as a function of pH for these residues. This will give you an idea on why you are getting these fitted values.

One possibility is that you are having a conformational change and then your fractions of protonated species vs pH will not have a nice sigmoidal shape, what could explain the fitted values you got.

Also, I would not exclude the possibility that you need to add more pH values, as you pointed out. Notice that the plots I am suggesting will tell you if this is what you need to do.

I hope this helps,

Vinícius Wilian D. Cruzeiro, PhD
Postdoctoral Researcher
Department of Chemistry