Re: [AMBER] the charge error in amber

From: Carlos Simmerling via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 16:06:25 -0500

here the charge is not the fatal error, it is the naming of atoms. HIE has
hydrogen at the epsilon nitrogen, so it should not have atom HD1. You
should check to see how you built the pdb file that you used as input. Did
it already contain hydrogen atoms? If so, and the residue was named HIS, it
may have automatically been converted to HIE. If you know that it should be
HID, you can rename it to HID before loading into leap. the cpptraj
"prepareforleap" command can be helpful for this in the general case (see
https://amberhub.chpc.utah.edu/prepareforleap/), but for this one error you
can fix it manually with the renaming. Once again though, it depends on the
source of the pdb file and if you are confident that it is indeed HID not
HIE.