[AMBER] Strip based on distance to point

From: Pietro ARONICA via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 09:10:10 +0000

Dear all,
What would be the best way to strip all atoms or residues based on a distance to a fixed point of which I have 3D coordinates (for example, a COM of specific residues)? I know that the mask command can be used with a distance operator, but it can only be used with an Amber mask which, AFAIK, cannot specify 3D coordinates. I have thought to maybe add a dummy atom to my trajectory that matches my coordinates but that feels inelegant and convoluted. Is it to use the distance command and then feed that dataset to a strip command?
Cheers
Pietro Aronica
This e-mail and any attachments are only for the use of the intended recipient and may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or protected by the Official Secrets Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it or notify the sender immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose or disclose the contents to any other person.