[AMBER] MCPB.py output

From: Reed, Carly \(creed\) via AMBER <"Reed,>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 02:35:39 +0000

I am curious if anyone else has completed the tutorial Example 2 in this paper using MCPB.py?

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/acs.jcim.5b00674

Some output files are provided in the SI, which I used to submit and check output against my own work. In both cases, when I check the RESP charge on the Osmium it is negative.

Using this command: parmed -i mcpbpy_parmed.in -p filename_solv.prmtop

I get the following information about the parameters MCPB.py developed for FAJYAR01:

RESP charge on the metal ion = -0.2549 (tutorial file results)

RESP charge on the metal ion = -0.2409 (my own file results - going through steps of tutorial)

My questions is: is this what other people obtained with MCPB.py for FAJYAR01? And why would the charge on a metal be negative? The tutorial suggests it should be less than the true oxidation and many times less than +1, but they say nothing about negative charges on a metal.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Carly R. Reed
Associate Professor and Advisement Coordinator
SUNY Brockport
(585)395-5588 (office)
(330)575-6754 (cell)