[AMBER] Amber compilation with GCC 11.3.0 + CUDA 11.7.0

From: Vlad Cojocaru via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 13:16:37 +0100

Dear Amber community,

I am trying to build Amber 22 with cuda support at an HPC site and I an
getting a cmake error that CUDA 11.7.0 is incompatible with GCC 11.3.0.
I don't have any control over the local settings and library
installations at the HPC site. The local support team told me that they
have compiled many software packages (including GROMACS) with this
combination of CUDA and GCC. So they suggested this is a specific AMBER
issue.

I also looked at the CUDA compatibility and it does seem that CUDA
11.7.0 is compatible with GCC 11 in general but I haven't found
precisely GCC 11.3.0 on that list

I should also say that I have built Amber22 with CUDA 11.8.0 and GCC
11.2.1 on different local Linux workstations without any issue whatsoever.

Has anyone seen a similar issue with this CUDA/GCC combination and has
any idea if it can be fixed somehow from within Amber (without the need
to install a new CUDA or use another GCC) ?

Thanks and Cheers
Vlad

--
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru (PD, Habil.)