Re: [AMBER] AmberTools installation issue MacOS

From: Xavier Brazzolotto via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 19:40:18 +0200

Hi David,

I’ve tried the -DFORCE_INTERNAL_LIBS="boost" as I have boost installed from Homebrew but it didn’t do the trick.

The second workaround did it and I’ve able to install AmberTools.

Many thanks David

> Le 18 oct. 2022 à 17:26, David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org> a écrit :
>
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2022, Xavier Brazzolotto via AMBER wrote:
>>
>> I do have an issue when trying to install on my Intel Mac (macOS Monterey 12.6)
>>
>> [100%] Linking CXX executable metatwist
>> Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
>> "boost::iostreams::detail::bzip2_base::end(bool, std::nothrow_t)", referenced from:
>
> Look at the packaging report in the cmake.log file: are you getting boost
> from internal or external sources? If the latter, then adding this to your
> run_cmake script should help:
>
> -DFORCE_INTERNAL_LIBS="boost"
>
> Or, a workaround would be this:
>
> -DDISABLE_TOOLS="moft"
>
> This will skip building metatwist.
>
> ...good luck...dac

Xavier Brazzolotto, PhD
Département de Toxicologie et Risques Chimiques
Institut de Recherche Biomédicale des Armées
1 Place du Général Valérie André
BP 73
91223 Brétigny sur Orge
France

Phone +33 (0) 1 78 65 14 00
Alt Phone +33 (0) 4 57 42 87 19
Cell +33 (0) 6 58 36 39 09

The information in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the addressee(s) above. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please delete it and immediately contact the sender.