Re: [AMBER] paramfit and EQM - EVDW-ELE(MM) energy difference

From: Cenk Andac via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 15:38:01 +0300

Hi Erdem,
thanks for correcting the energy term in the eq. the equation should have
been

EMMdihedral = (PK/IDIVF) * (1 + cos(PN*phi – PHASE)) EQ.1

 and the EQM energy is rectified (EQMr) by substracting EMM (computed
by zeroing Vn parameters for the dihedral of interest) from EQM to
yield a a final EQMr curve , to which we fit the EMM curve.
EQMr= EQM - EMM(with zero dihedral parameter of interest) EQ.2

 Having said that, my question was

whether or not QM potential energies computed by paramfit are rectified by EQ.2.

If not, do we need to rectify it manually? or Do we really need to
rectify it as in EQ.2.

best,

Cenk