Re: [AMBER] timask vs. scmask question

From: Matthew Guberman-Pfeffer via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 17:25:34 -0400

Hi David,

Thank you so much for your instructive response!

If I’m mutating GLU to LYS, and I specify CD and beyond as the SC region, I understand that the non-SC atoms in the TI region will have a common set of coordinates. But what about the charges? TiMerge removes the “duplicates” of these atoms, so how are the two sets of charges for non-SC atoms retained? Is it?

I’d love to set up simulations where the common non-SC atoms changed charge instead of putting the entire residue into the SC region. But how can I setup the prmtop to do the former?

I’m not sure if I’m explaining this very well. Please let me know If I need to try to describe my question differently.

Thanks again for the help!

Best,
Matthew