Re: [AMBER] pmemd.cuda crash

From: Enrico Martinez via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 16:28:02 +0200

Actually I could find what might have caused the crash.
It's about the way how I created the input file for amber, that was in
my bash script in the following manner:

# print mpd file for production run without restraints at given temperature;
printf "*************************************************************************
***************************** md.in ******************************
MD without restraints during 20ns at constant T= "${i}"K & P= 1Atm
 &cntrl
    imin=0, ntx=5, ntpr=5000, ntwr=25000, ntwx=25000,
    nscm=5000,
    ntf=2, ntc=2,
    ntb=2, ntp=1, taup=0.5,
    nstlim=${md_production}, dt=0.002,
    cut=10.0,
    ntt=3, gamma_ln=2.0, ig=-1,
    iwrap=1,
    irest=1,
    temp0=${i}.0
 /
 &ewald
  netfrc = 0,
  skin_permit = 0.75,
&end\n" > "${in_md}/md_production_${i}K.in"

Note I added \n just after the last &end, which was recognized as EOF.
Without such minor modification, it did not work. I remember 5 years
ago I used the same way of creating the inputs for GPU server that
worked fine without any modifications..