Re: [AMBER] how to convert the eigenvector projection to a free energy landscape plotting

From: Daniel Roe via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 10:32:39 -0400

Hi,

You want to create a 2 dimensional histogram of the projection data
along whichever eigenvectors you choose, e.g. (assuming
dih.project.dat contains your projection data in columns, with column
1 being the frame #, column 2 being the projection along the 1st
eigenvector, etc):

readdata dih.project.dat name Project
runanalysis hist Project:2 Project:3 name bins 100 out project.ev.1.2.gnu

This will write the 2d histogram in gnuplot format. *If* you are
certain you have converged data (and that is a very important "if")
you can add the 'free <temperature>' keyword to calculate
population-based free energy values for each bin at the specified
temperature.

If you haven't seen this tutorial already you may find it helpful:
https://amberhub.chpc.utah.edu/introduction-to-principal-component-analysis/

Hope this helps,

-Dan