Re: [AMBER] AmberTools installation issue

From: Rybenkov, Valentin V. via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 23:15:15 +0000

This is an update to the installation error of AmberTools22. I traced the error to a specific line in makefiles. The error involves an attempt to write into a privileged area. It occurs on line
$(MAKE) $(MAKESILENT) -f CMakeFiles/Makefile2 PerlMol
of the “# Target rules for targets named PerlMol’ of the main Makefile.
Then into the block “# Target rules for target AmberTools/src/PerlMol-0.3500/CMakeFiles/PerlMol.dir” of amber22_src/build/CMakeFiles/Makefile2.
Then into the file AmberTools/src/PerlMol-0.3500/CMakeFiles/PerlMol.dir/build.make, line “cd /home/valya/Amber22/amber22_src/build/AmberTools/src/PerlMol-0.3500/build && /usr/bin/make”,
Specifically, the instruction “/usr/bin/make” generates an error, using presumably the Makefile in $AMBERHOME/amber22_src/build/AmberTools/src/PerlMol-0.3500/build/.

I do not understand why this script tries to write into a write-protected directory. This seems to be a bug in the installation package. Is there a way to bypass it?

Thanks,
Valentin
Valentin V. Rybenkov
University of Oklahoma