Re: [AMBER] LEaP Not Reading a Parameter in .frcmod File

From: Nathan Black <nathanblack262.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 09:47:16 -0600

Mr. Simmerling,

Thank you for your suggestion.

The cross-term "region" (i.e., the atoms which needed cross-term parameters
between GAFF2 and FF14SB) participated in an amide bond with an amino acid,
so it made sense to me that parameters from the FF14SB force field
(parm10.dat) would be more appropriate than those from the GAFF2 force
field (gaff2.dat). As such, I directly matched the missing parameters to
their equivalents (or as close as could be found) in the parm10.dat file.

My conversions from missing cross-term parameters to parm10.dat parameters
are given below:
 c-N -> C-N
 o-c-N -> N-C-O
 c-N-H -> C-N-H
 c-N-CX -> C-N-CX
 c3-c-N -> CT-C-N
 o-c-N-H -> H-N-C-O
 o-c-n-CX -> X-C-N-X
 c3-c-N-H -> X-C-N-X
 c3-c-N-CX -> X-C-N-X

The o-c-N-H dihedral in question (H-N-C-O from parm10.dat) has two
consecutive entries, as given below.:

H -N -C -O 1 2.50 180.0 -2. JCC,7,(1986),230
H -N -C -O 1 2.00 0.0 1.
J.C.cistrans-NMA DE

I initially only took the first line, but now knowing the meaning of the
negative periodicity, I took both lines into the .frcmod to define the
o-c-N-H dihedral. This stopped the error when saving the surfactant to
paramter topology and coordinate files.

As for your question, I took the parameters directly from the X-C-N-X entry
in parm10.dat, as given below:

X -C -N -X 4 10.00 180.0 2. AA,NMA

Should this "divider" term be modified beyond what is given in parm10.dat?

Much appreciated,
NDB