[AMBER] LEaP Not Reading a Parameter in .frcmod File

From: Nathan Black <nathanblack262.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 08:50:33 -0600

Hello AMBER Users,

I recently posted here regarding the mixing of force fields (in my
specific case, GAFF2 and ff14SB) on a single residue. Thanks to the
assistance of of Dr. Anselm Horn and Mr. Carlos Simmerling, I was able to
develop a workflow that accomplishes this. However, I have run into a
separate issue during its implementation that I believe warrants its own
thread.

I have written a .frcmod file that contains manually-input parameters at
the surfactant head-tail boundary. However, when trying to save parameter
topology and coordinate files for these surfactants in LEaP, I am given the
error:

Error: **no torsion terms for o-c-N-CX.

However, this parameter is accounted for in the .frcmod file I created. I
suspect I have formatted the file incorrectly, but then my other manual
torsion parameters are read without issue.

I have attached a cleaned (single-attempt) leap.log file, as well as the
.frcmod file I wrote. Any assistance is much appreciated!

-NDB