[AMBER] Removing AmberTools binary files installed on .pyenv/shims

From: Tony Myung Keun Cho <mktonycho.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 22:17:43 +0900

Hello,

I installed AmberTools using pyenv conda.
Instead of installing the AmberTools at
~/.pyenv/versions/anaconda3-2020.11/bin or
~/.pyenv/versions/anaconda3-2020.11/lib/python3.8/site-packages,
AmberTool binary files were installed at ~/.pyenv/shims.

I would like to remove these files and install them at the conda env
of my choice, but I cannot remove them.

I used the following command to install by accident:
>$ conda install -c conda-forge ambertools

When I type the following:
>$ which antechamber
~/.pyenv/shims/antechamber
>$ which xleap
~/.pyenv/shims/xleap

A source package for these files was found at
~/.pyenv/versions/anaconda3-2020.11/pkgs/ambertools-21.9-py39h69e27f8_0

To remove them, I tried the following commands that resulted in the
same response from the terminal:
$ conda remove ambertools
$ conda remove ambertools -p ~/.pyenv/shims

"Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed

PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are missing from the
target environment:
  - ambertools"

I could execute > rm -rf ~/.pyenv/shims/antechamber and so on for all
amber-related binaries but I don't know where/what the linked library
files are.

My original intent was to install at a conda environment as provided
on the amber website.
Ex) ~/.pyenv/versions/anaconda3-2020.11/envs/AmberTools21/bin/antechamber

Finally, my system specifications are as follows:
Ubuntu 20.04
pyenv 1.2.26-3-gc010935a
conda 4.9.2

I can think of removing pyenv entirely, but I would like to avoid it
if possible.
I would appreciate any comment to resolve this issue.

Best regards,
Myung Keun "Tony" Cho
Ph. D. Candidate
Seoul, Korea