[AMBER] MMPBSA.py for membrane proteins with per-residue decomposition

From: Ravi Abrol <raviabrol.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 20:15:47 -0800

Hi,

I am trying to run MMPBSA.py with -make-mdins flag so that I can modify the
mdin files for use with membrane proteins and also carry out the
per-residue decomposition. I am using the following input file:

Input file for PB calculation MMPBSA with membrane proteins from the manual
with recommended parameters like ipb=1:
<<<
&general
   use_sander=1,
   startframe=1, endframe=5, interval=1,
   keep_files=2, netcdf=1, debug_printlevel=2
/
&pb
 istrng=0.150, bcopt=10, fillratio=1.5,
 mthick=36.8555, mctrdz=0, indi=2.0,
 eneopt=1, nfocus=1, inp=1, cutfd=7.0, cutnb=99.0,
 ipb=1, npbverb=1, solvopt=2, radiopt=0,
 maxarcdot=15000, poretype=0,
 memopt=1,
/
&decomp
 dec_verbose=3, idecomp=2,
/

but MMPBSA.py with -make-mdins flag gets rid of memopt option and other
options from the original &pb section and also sets ipb=2. It produces
three mdin files (complex, receptor, ligand). Here is the complex input
file produced: _MMPBSA_pb_decomp_com.mdin
<<<
File generated by MMPBSA.py
&cntrl
 ntb=0, nsnb=99999, cut=999.0,
 ioutfm=1, imin=5, igb=10, idecomp=2,
 ipb=2, inp=1,
/
&pb
 epsin=2.0, istrng=150.0, radiopt=0,
 maxitn=1000, fillratio=1.5,
/
Residues considered as REC
RRES 1 468
END
Residues considered as LIG
LRES 469 683
END
Residues to print
RES 1 683
END
END

If I don't include the &decomp section in the original input file, then
the -make-mdins flag produces two input files *mdin and *mdin2 and but this
time respects the memopt flag.

Should one assume that per-residue decomposition is not implemented yet
with memopt=1,2,3 and for membrane proteins?

If it is, can I add the &pb section parameters I need for membrane proteins
back into the three mdin files (complex, receptor, ligand)?

Also, will the three mdin files (complex, receptor, ligand) files be all I
would need to change?

Thanks,
Ravi