[AMBER] Running Umbrella Sampling simulations

From: Osman, Roman <roman.osman.mssm.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 20:14:16 +0000

Hello,

I want to run umbrella sampling simulations of moving a ligands from one location in the protein to another. There is a clear reaction coordinate the can be expressed as a linear combination of two distance, e.g., D1-D2.
I set up a run using a restraint approach described in this input section:

 &wt type='DUMPFREQ', istep1=10, /

 &wt

    type='END'

 /

DISANG=step7_production.rest

DUMPAVE=dist_vs_t.dat

LISTIN=POUT

LISTOUT=POUT

&end

The .rest file looks like this:

&rst

    iat=5823, 8439, 8439, 5281,

    rstwt = 1,-1,

    r1=-10.75, r2=-10.25, r3=-10.25, r4=-9.75,

    rk2=100.0, rk3=100.0,

/

The question is whether I can run it in pmemd.cuda, or even pmemd.MPI?
So far I have only succeeded in running it in sander.MPI and it is rather slow.
We have AMBER20 and are using a large cluster at Mount Sinai (Minerva) both with CPU and GPU capbilites.
Thank you for your help.

Roman Osman
Professor
Department of Pharmacological Sciences