Re: [AMBER] Amber simulation of cyclic peptide

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 12:07:03 +0100

Saranya,

the problems arise because leap always converts the first and the last
residue in a protein chain into terminal ones and then uses the
structure and parameters before saving. And then, your additional bond
does not fit into this scheme any more.

The solution is to prevent leap from automatically changing the
'terminal' residues into their terminal instances.
This has been asked and answered here in the past already.

A simple way, at least in my opinion, which also is applicable in your
case (small peptide), would be to use the leap command
loadpdbusingseq (cf Amber manual 14.6.28):
Here, you specify the amino acid sequence explicitely for your pdb file
to load; if you do not use the terminal residue names like NALA or CGLY,
tleap keeps the mid-term residues also at the termini, and your bond
command should work fine.

Best regards,

Anselm

Bioinformatik | NHR.FAU
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
Germany