Re: [AMBER] Running amber executable on multiple GPUs

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 10:21:49 -0500

Hi

Depending on what cards you have, and what version of slurm you have,
there is a way to run multiple jobs on a gpu, using Multi-Instance GPU
(MIG). https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/technologies/multi-instance-gpu/

This is a "newer" nvidia feature, and slurm has only recently started
supporting it.

I am not sure anyone in the amber community has truly tested this combo,
so beware or bumps in the road.

The second way is to send MANY jobs inside one single slurm script such as:

pmemd,cuda -O "job 1 info"

.

.

.

pmemd,cuda -O "job N info"

This way the whole thing gets into the queue at once, and runs the jobs
sequentially.

You can even do this is for example job 2 depends on job finishing, etc.

You can have a bash script inside your slurm submission file to do this
automatically.

Adrian

--
Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg (he/him/el)
V.T. and Louise Jackson Professor in Chemistry